I should have taken pictures of this just before I started but phone was dead and I am fairly impatient once I start a project. My friend Dave has been on the lookout for quality outdoor patio furniture but has a deck that is on the smaller side. When I saw this I knew I had to grab it.
Only issue, it was solid but looking in rough shape. So I broke out the wire brush and wire wheel and went to town on the table first. Getting the peeling layer of whatever was originally used off was not hard but took time. So many crevices to get into.
Once that was done I though it best to put a layer of paint down to stop any rusting as well as give it an undercoat color if I ran into any thin spots. I used cheap blue paint from Ace Hardware from the rattle can.
I am so glad I did this because when I then painted on the truck bed liner coating of Herculiner with a regular paint brush it came out wonderful. There was just a hint of the under color showing in the rose shapes of the table.
A single, but thick, coat of liner was all it took. I did both sides, let it dry for 2 days and put the table together. I will find out tomorrow morning if he likes it. If so, you will likely see the chairs as a next project soon.
This coating should last for many years to come and I was able to do this whole thing for free since I had everything in the garage already. It look a half pint of Herculiner which was a leftover from auto stuff I did a few years back.
Feeling Pretty Handy,